Accessing reliable and trustworthy information and contacts can be critical to everyone, but especially the farm sector. In areas where internet connections are not as fast and strong as in major cities and when you’re working on your property all day, you don’t want to have to waste hours searching and browsing for information.

Whether you have a cobblestone farm or a contemporary, ultra-modern facility, you will want to be keeping abreast of information, news and industry data which can assist your business. Quick access to resources is an essential business tool for farming sector operators.

Here are a few resources and links to assist you stay informed on developments in key sectors:

  • Bureau of Meteorology you can also select the specific BOM for your state or region and connect via Twitter or Facebook for immediate updates on weather patterns and approaching events.
  • Emergency Services. These are operated on a state basis and you should check your state government website to connect with your local services.
  • Bushfire Services. The importance of being connected to your local bushfire service cannot be overstated. Download your local contact and have it handy for updates.
  • National Farmers Federation is a good source of information and the website shows links to state branches
  • CSIRO is very active in research and development in the agri sector.

·       Australian Government Agriculture Department is a good site to check in on regularly. Go to your state government website for your state authorities.

·       Treasury Sites. Both the Federal and State Governments have grants and other financial support available to the farming sector on a regular basis. Do some searching and bookmark the relevant webpages for your area. Check back with them often as new programs are often announced without making it to mainstream media.

·       Small Business Resources. There are many small business agencies, especially government departments that provide resources to support the farm sector. These can be found on your state government website.